The Future of Mykonos Airport
Presentation of Fraport Greece's plans for the new Mykonos Airport
As part of its mandate for taking over management and operations at the 14 airports, Fraport Greece has prepared a comprehensive plan for the modernization and development of the airports. The company’s plan includes immediate projects and development works for upgrading the airports’ facilities, which will contribute significantly to improving the overall customer travel experience, while responding to the expected increase in passenger traffic. Fraport Greece will invest a minimum of 400 million euros for development works until 2021. During the 40-year concession period the company will implement additional maintenance and upgrading works, as well as capacity expansions (dependent on traffic growth) -- resulting in possible total investments of some 1 billion euros.
For Mykonos Airport
- Extension of a total area of 2000m2 to the northern side of the existing building which will host the airport’s new arrivals area.
- Expansion of the existing building by another 500m2 creating more Gates
- Complete remodeling - refurbishment of all airport areas
- New retail and F&B areas
- Complete refurbishment of the existing sanitary facilities
- Creation of two new VIP lounges
- Installation of a new automated luggage handling system
- Redesigning of the entire curbside area